- Job Title: Truck Driver / Lot Attendant
- Department: Service
- Reports To: Service Manager
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Supervises: N/A
Summary: The primary function of the truck driver / lot attendant is to transport equipment to and from assigned locations. The truck driver / lot attendant is also responsible for proper maintenance of the equipment assigned as well as appearance of the lot. Provides excellent customer service and protects the image of the dealership in all transactions with customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Safely loads and transports dealer and customer owned equipment to and from dealer, customer, or factory locations.
- Maintains assigned equipment in high working order and cleanliness. Reports issues with equipment to service manager as needed.
- Frequently monitors the SEC hauling scheduler and independently organizes and prioritizes loads to maximize efficiency. Responds to outstanding requests in a timely manner and proactively communicates with requester if a haul will not be completed in the timeframe needed or confirmed. Turns in mileage for each haul completed for billing purposes.
- Maintains accurate records and logbooks as required. Stays up on and understands relevant hauling regulations within the territory travelled. Follows all county, state or federal safety regulations.
- Provides excellent customer service and promotes a positive dealer image in all customer interactions.
- Responsible for the condition of the lot, including snow removal, mowing, grading and moving equipment for display.
- Unloads incoming freight and equipment while noting and reporting any shipping damage and shortages. Performs this function safely and follows both manufacturer’s unloading procedures and SEC’s safety procedures as it pertains to outside carriers.
Other Job Functions:
- Maintains all required certifications in line with DOT, OSHA, and company policy.
- May instruct customers on basic equipment operating procedures as required.
- Other duties or projects as assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience as a semi-trailer truck operator.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment preferred.
- Ability to lift items weighing upwards of 75 lbs. repeatedly.
- Self-starter who can work independently and efficiently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Valid CDL license required.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Kibble Equipment reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.