- Job Title: Precision Ag Sales Specialist
- Department: Precision Agriculture
- Reports To: Precision Agriculture Manager
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Supervises: N/A
Summary: Works with all dealership departments to sell and support precision farming technological products and services. Provided consulting services, expertise, and training for the sale and support of solutions enabled by the John Deere Value Added Solution (VAS) strategy and other aligned technology and applications to new and existing customers in their trade area.
Essential Job Functions:
- The Precision Ag Consultant is primarily performing outside sales work at least 50% of the time. Works closely with all departments and customers within responsible area to sell and support all value added solutions products and services.
- Develop and deliver employee and customer training for VAS, advanced precision farming products and ensure understanding of Precision Ag and precision farming products across all departments.
- Maintain current product knowledge on all new/used equipment potentially saleable by the dealership, including features/benefits and machine compatibility/ technology integration.
- Develop and execute plans to ensure ongoing Precision Ag mainstreaming across all departments.
- Assist in leading the organization in the area of John Deere precision farming products and serve as the internal and external technical specialist.
- Provide solutions-based business consulting services by discussing future plans with customers and analyzing data including machine and agronomic data to yield better outcomes. (i.e. advice to optimize performance, reduce costs, improve operation efficiencies, etc.).
- Utilize technology to promote sale of VAS products and dealership service packages. (Automatic Crop Reporting, APEX, JDLink, Remote Display Access, Wireless Data Transfer and myjohndeere.com).
- Responsible for JDLink registrations and transfers new/used for the store. Helps customer with account validation and training on myjohndeere.com.
- Encourage adoption of new technology and product offerings to customers. Develop and execute plans to ensure ongoing Precision Ag mainstreaming across all departments.
- Support the dealership efforts with third-party providers (Certified Crop Advisor, Ag Service Provider, etc.) and related John Deere businesses
- Demonstrates a genuine concern for SEC as a whole. Exhibits outstanding communication skills and cooperates with other departments and locations within SEC. Promotes teamwork, maintains a positive attitude and supports the concept of one face to our customers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-3 years experience in an agricultural-related role with activities such as sales, service, training, or other related work is preferred.
- Certified Crop Advisor certification and/or advanced agronomic understanding is preferred but not required
- Associate’s degree, or higher, in an agricultural-related major or equivalent experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted
- Ability to analyze and interpret basic sales reports.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving abilities; Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer relation and organization skills; Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet short/changing deadlines.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Kibble Equipment reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.