- Job Title: Service Administrator
- Department: Service
- Reports To: Service Manager
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Supervises: N/A
Summary: The Service Administrator primary function is to assist in organizing the billing and time tracking portion of the Service Department – from customer pay to warranty submission.
Essential Job Functions:
- Fields incoming internal and external customer inquiries for the Service Department – both in terms of phone calls and walk in customers.
- Reviews and adjusts timecards for the technicians as needed. This includes the posting of PTO time.
- Opens work orders as directed, updates technician comments and prepares the work orders for closing. May close work orders as directed by the Service Manager.
- Assists the Service Manager and Assistant Service Manager in staying on top of work orders in process to ensure that they are closed in a timely fashion.
- Processes Service Department warranty claims and PIP’s. Submits claims to the manufacturer and follows up to ensure payment is received.
- Monitors cash work orders and communicates with the Service Manager and Technician to ensure that equipment with an unpaid work order does not leave the dealership.
Other Job Functions:
- Maintains Service Department filing and records as needed
- Other duties or projects as assigned by Management
Skills and Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to use computer applications such as Microsoft Office and internet based programs
- General understanding of mechanical/technical terms is preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Kibble Equipment reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.