- Job Title: Service Operations Manager
- Department: Service Department
- Reports To: Aftermarket Manager
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Supervises: All Service Department Employees
Summary: Oversees service operations for the location to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. Grows profitable service labor sales and exercises disciplined expense control. Attracts, retains, and effectively engages department personnel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the financial performance of the department and achievement of desired metrics, including profitable sales growth, disciplined expense control and target net return on sales. (30%)
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and retaining talented employees and effectively developing department personnel. Provides consistent and clear direction for subordinates. Sets positive example for all employees by following and enforcing company policy. (25%)
- Communicates effectively with customers and resolves billing disputes. Looks for opportunities to gain additional business from existing customers and establish relationships with new customers. Serves as primary contact for Deere on large customer issues (20%)
- Demonstrates a genuine concern for Kibble Equipment as a whole. Exhibits outstanding communication skills and cooperates with other departments and locations within Kibble Equipment. Promotes teamwork, maintains a positive attitude and supports the concept of one face to our customers. (10%)
- Oversees the scheduling and assignment of jobs to employees in the Service Department according to their skills and knowledge. Reviews work orders for completeness and accuracy prior to customer billing. Procures special/shop tools as needed. (10%)
- Develops, communicates, enforces and monitors effective Service Department processes to ensure customer satisfaction and improve operational efficiency. Executes follow up process on all invoices over $4,000. (5%)
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers, both in a one-on-one and group setting.
- Strong organization skills and internal drive to see tasks through to completion.
- Strong training and coaching skills.
- Ability to use standard computer applications such as MS Office as required to fulfill the essential duties of the position.
- Previous agricultural industry or equipment dealership experience preferred.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Kibble Equipment reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.