- Job Title: Service Technician
- Department: Service
- Reports To: Service Manager
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Supervises: N/A
Summary: Performs diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and dealer-owned agricultural equipment. Performs in field service as required to support the customer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Diagnose and support entire machine systems including precision ag technology. Complete pre-season checklists and in assist customers with in the field operation and adjustments.
- Completes technician comments in a timely manner for the assigned work and turns in necessary paperwork.
- Works as part of a cohesive team within the shop to meet customer needs. This includes assisting, mentoring or sharing knowledge with other technicians in the shop as appropriate. Is respectful of teammates and customers and communicates with them in a professional manner.
- Maintains a clean work area and follows all safety practices of the organization when completing work assignments. Also helps to maintain company vehicles, inventory and tools in proper working condition.
- Maintains knowledge on existing products and pursues additional technical and product knowledge by actively participating in the training programs of the dealership. This includes manufacturer training and on the job training.
- Maintains communication with the customer and answers questions relative to the work being performed. Makes recommendations for additional work that needs to be completed.
Other Job Functions:
- May participate in or provide support for customer clinics.
- Other duties or projects as assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Diesel Technology or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to perform repairs and maintenance on equipment following technical manuals and diagnostic procedures.
- Basic knowledge of agricultural Equipment is preferred.
- Ability to get along with others and work as part of a team.
- Safety oriented attitude required.
- Basic computer knowledge and the ability to operate diagnostic software.
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. frequently.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license required, clean driving record preferred.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Kibble Equipment reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.