A - STIHL OILOMATIC® Saw Chain. STIHL makes its own saw chain.
B - Ematic™ Bar includes a polymer ramp reservoir which holds bar oil until it can be picked up by passing chain. This can reduce oil usage by up to 50%.
C - Bumper Spikes help prevent pull-in and provide better control, making cutting easier.
D - Spark Arrester Muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contain a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
E - STIHL Quickstop® Chain Brake System is designed to stop the chain in fractions of a second. Can be manually activated or activated by inertia if the kickback force is sufficient.
F - Front Hand Guard is designed to reduce the risk of injury.
G - Front Handle is designed for a secure grip and ergonomically angled for comfort.
H - Protected Spark Plug is protected, yet easy to change.
I - Large Starting Handle is easy to grip.
J - Smooth Clean Design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.
K - Air Filter Cover is easy to remove for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
L - Master Control Lever™ is a single lever operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch.
M - Rear Hand Guard reduces the risk of injury as well as provides a wide area for foot placement during starting.
N - High-Tech Polymer Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
O - Translucent Fuel Tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work.
P - Anti-Vibration System helps reduce operator fatigue.
OTHER COMMON FEATURES NOT DIAGRAMMED
- Electronic Ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- Replaceable "In Tank" Fuel and Oil Filters lower cost and are easy to maintain.
- Inboard Chain Brake requires less maintenance and makes saw chain sprocket easier to remove.
- Automatic Bar and Chain Oiler lets operator concentrate on cutting, not on bar lubrication.
- Chain Catcher helps reduce the risk of operator contact by a chain if it should break or derail.
- Throttle Trigger Lockout must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
ADDITIONAL FEATURESThese features are found on some STIHL Chain Saws.
- IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures air on clean side of air filter and adjusts metering diaphragm in carburetor. Keeps RPM levels even when filter begins to clog.
- Decompression Valve makes starting easier.
- Easy2Start™ System (E) reduces the strength and effort needed to start the engine. Available on select models.
- STIHL Quickstop® Plus (Q) - an Additional Chain Braking Feature designed to activate when you completely release the rear handle. Designed to stop the chain within one second.
- Purge Pump Primer lets you prime the carburetor without flooding it. Standard on select models.
- STIHL M-Tronic™ electronically optimizes the fuel mixture over the whole RPM — ensuring top performance and efficiency under varying conditions.
- ElastoStart™ Handle has built-in shock absorber for smoother starting.
- Quick Chain Adjuster (B) is a toolless chain adjuster (Available on select models).
- Captured Guide Bar Nuts secure the guide bar and sprocket cover.
NOTE: STIHL chain saws have many common features. However, all models may not have all features shown here. Consult your Dealer for details.